Course for LPNs to bridge into BSN Program
Program: Licensed Practical Nurse Bridge-In Program
Program length: 45 Hours
Start date: To Be Determined
This program offers a bridge course for LPNs. This course is offered by distance. Upon successful completion, LPNs can enter into Year 2 of the BSN program. The BSN program is offered face-to-face.
Applicants must submit:
- Aurora College application;
- Proof of a Canadian Practical Nurse license;
- Practical Nurse Program transcripts that indicate achievement of diploma;
- Work-related reference; and
- Resume that indicates a minimum of one year experience as a LPN.
Aurora College recognizes prior learning which has taken place in formal learning experiences or through employment. Licensed Practical Nurses who are interested in exploring prior learning should speak to the Senior Instructor regarding recognition of prior learning.
Applicants must complete an Aurora College application form, submit official transcripts (high school and post-secondary), a letter of reference and a letter of interest to be considered for admission. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is in high demand. Applicants are encouraged to apply early and submit all required and requested documentation.
Applicants who are currently enroled in one or more of the required academic courses for admission are encouraged to apply early and provide transcripts that demonstrate that they are currently registered in these courses. Applicants may receive a conditional acceptance that is dependent on their successful completion of the required courses (65 percent or higher). Applicants who are conditionally accepted will be required to provide a final transcript upon completion of the required courses to be fully accepted.
Students who have already completed post-secondary course work in nursing or related courses such as Practical Nursing may have transferability into this program. Post-secondary transcripts and course syllabi/outlines will be required for evaluation. Students seeking transfer credit will be required to follow process defined in Aurora College Policy C.01 Transfer Credit.
LPNs will be considered for admission every year
Preference will be given to longer-term northern residents from Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut before short-term residents of one year or less.
- Complete the LPN Bridge-In Course NURS 0255 with a final grade of 65 percent
- LPN – Bridge-In students enter Year 2 of the BSN Program
LPN Bridge-In Course NURS 0255:
- Introduces the philosophy and curriculum concepts of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program
- Introduces the registered nursing profession
- Prepares transition from LPN to BSN
All course work must be successfully completed.